Accepted participants are expected to remain at PRSMF for the full three week period (June 4 –25, 2017) without absences. Your schedule should be planned accordingly. No leave of absence will be granted.
Monday January 2, 2017 (Early Application)
Wednesday March 15, 2017 (Late Application)
1. All applicants must submit 2 contrasting pieces or movements and select two of the excerpts shown bellow. Although excerpts for Piccolo, English horn, E-flat clarinet, and Bass Clarinet are not compulsory, they are highly recommended.
2. Pre-formed chamber groups are welcome to audition. Pre-formed groups must submit two (2) video recording of the standard repertoire. The PRSMF will be accepting
- 2 Woodwind Quintets
- 2 Brass Quintets
- 6-8 String Quartets
Groups must submit a non-refundable fee of $85 prior January 2, 2017, thereafter $110.
- Two letters of recommendation required.
- A list of repertoire conducted in public.
- A list of repertoire studied.
- Video recording showing recent conducting experience demonstration a varied selection of the standard orchestral/band repertoire; showing front view of the conductor.
Placement Auditions (live in front of the faculty members)
On Monday June 4, 2017 1:00pm after the orientation meeting.
Specific excerpts will be posted early May 2017.
Most excerpts listed are in PDF format. You can use the free Adobe Reader software to view and print out the excerpts. If you are unable to print the excerpts, please contact the admissions office at (787)-934-3751 or email@example.com and we will provide you with copies.
All applicant must select at least two (2) of the following excerpts.
Piano Applicants see requirements bellow.
- 2 Contrasting Pieces or Movements